The Visiting Scholar application is now closed.
This year, Smile Train is supporting the addition of a second scholar.* This means that TWO scholars will be selected to visit Approved Teams in the US and Canada in 2024.
The deadline to submit is May 31, 2023.
- Have the capacity to implement change in their home institution.
- Reside in a country that is included on the World Bank’s list of low and middle-income countries. Click here for the list.
- Individuals in the final stages of their training are welcome to apply. Preference will be shown to more established professionals.
Before beginning the application, please read the below information:
- Applicants must have three references, including a letter from their current medical/professional director. The ACPA application Sponsor is not a reference.
- Applicants may choose their top three host sites from the list of ACPA Approved Team Host Sites. Applicants should work with their sponsor to select sites that match their specialty and program goals. There is no guarantee that the selected visiting scholar will visit any/all host sites of their choice – final decisions will be made at the discretion of the Visiting Scholar Selection Panel.
- Note: Application sponsors are no longer required, but recommended. Preference may be given to applicants with a sponsor. An application sponsor is an ACPA Member who will assist with the application, identify objectives and select host sites. For assistance finding a sponsor, contact ACPA at least 45 days before the application deadline.
*The selected scholar supported by Smile Train must be a Smile Train partner.