- First Author: The primary or lead author on the abstract
- Co-Author: Authors who have collaborated on the abstract with the first author
The submitter must include contact information for all authors: full name, email address, institution and location – city, state and country.
There is no limit on the number of co-authors. If an author’s name appears on more than one abstract, it must be identical on each abstract.
After an abstract is accepted, please contact ACPA to let us know if the author will not be presenting. Presenters must be authors of the abstract.
Disclosing Conflicts of Interest
All authors are required to disclose any financial and non-financial conflicts of interests so that continuing education may be provided. The submitter may enter this information on behalf of the author. An email will be sent to each author to log in and verify their information. The disclosure form should be completed once per person and may be found in the “My Forms” section of the website. The submission cannot be finalized without disclosures from each author.
All authors should be able to attest that they participated sufficiently in:
- either experimental conception and design or data acquisition or data analysis and interpretation
- either abstract preparation or critical review of the abstract for important intellectual content
- final approval of the version to be submitted for review, presentation, and publication, to take public responsibility for it
Abstract Acceptance and Presentation
Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present if accepted. Authors are responsible for providing a substitute presenter if the presenting author is unable to attend.
By submitting an abstract, the authors certify that they/he/she has written consent for use of any recognizable photographs in posters or presentations.
For information about abstracts which were previously presented, published in a peer-reviewed journal, or part of an ACPA sanctioned webinar, please view the final two questions in the abstract FAQ section: https://acpa-cpf.org/abstract-faq/
Authors who submit multiple abstracts should be prepared to make arrangements for alternative presenters to attend if more than one abstract is accepted and presentation times overlap.