Duties of the Management and Finance Committee include the following:
- In consultation with the Executive Director, preparing and monitoring the Association budget and reviewing and making recommendations to the Board of Directors for all exceptional expenditures.
- Recommend a certified public accountant for an annual audit of the financial records as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Make recommendations regarding management of Association resources with additional consultation as required and approved by the Board.
- At the request of the Executive Director, review space, equipment and other resource needs for the National Office prior to making a recommendation to the Board of Directors.
- Provide consultation on issues of management or finance as requested by the Executive Director and National Office team.
- Advise the Board of Directors of the Association concerning management and finance of the National Office as needed.
- Address all matters relating to managing capital assets of the Association and investing these assets to provide sound financial management of Association resources.
- Review annual financial reports of the Association. Develop the annual budget for the organization.
- Review annual investment performance and advise the Board regarding investment policy and strategy.
2023 Committee Members:
- Scott A. Dailey, PhD – Iowa City, IA (Chair)
- Mary Ellen Alexander, RN, MN – New Orleans, LA
- Canice E. Crerand, PhD – Columbus, OH
- Allison M. Dobbie, MD – Colorado Springs, CO
- Jean-Charles Doucet, DMD, MD, MSc, FRCDC – Halifax, NS
- Katherine A. Kelly, DDS, PhD, MS – Ann Arbor, MI
- Kant Y.K. Lin, MD – Milwaukee, WI
- Lisa M. Morris, MD – Baton Rouge, LA
- Kamlesh M. Patel, MD, MSc – St. Louis, MO
- Alison R. Scheer-Cohen, PhD – San Marcos, CA
- Erin Shope, DMD, MS – Rochester, NY
- Adriane L. Baylis, PhD, CCC-SLP – Columbus, OH (Ex-Officio)
- John F. Caccamese, DMD, MD, FACS – Baltimore, MD (Ex-Officio)