The ACPA Association Awards include the following awards: Honors of the Association Award, Distinguished Service Award, Emerging Leader Award, Family Resources Leadership Award, and Young Professional Service Award.
The nominating process for the Association Awards is a function of the Awards and Scholarships Selection Panel with assistance by the National Office. The Association membership is invited to submit nominations for either award during a general nomination period. The Selection Panel reports to the Board with recommendations for each award. The Selection Panel should review any nominations from the previous year who were not put forward for an award along with new nominations received.
The Board either approves or rejects nominations brought to it through the Awards and Scholarships Selection Panel. Following the review and recommendation process, candidates are granted the awards by two-thirds majority approval of the Board of Directors.
2023 Key Objectives:
- Review college scholarship applications and selection 2023 recipients for the three available scholarships.
- Oversee the Call for Nominations and recommend to the Board of Directors individuals to be recognized for the following awards: Honors of the Association, Distinguished Service, Emerging Leader, Family Services Leadership, and Young Professional Service.
- Select recipients for the 2024 Professional Scholarships. Applications are reviewed and scored by the selection panel, with the highest scoring applicant for each scholarship receiving the award.
2023 Selection Panel Members:
- Manish Valiathan, MSD, DDS – Cleveland (Chair)
- Patricia D. Chibbaro, RN, MS, CPNP – New York, NY
- Lorena Gaytan – South El Monte, CA
- Lynn Marty Grames, MA, CCC-SLP – St. Louis, MO
- Lora A. Hindenburg, RN, MSN – Falls Church, VA
- Richard A. Kapitan, DDS, MS, FACS – Charlotte, NC
- Sara Kinter, MA, CCC-SLP – Seattle, WA
- Lakshmi Kollara Sunil, PhD – Orlando, FL
- Henry A. Milczuk, MD – Portland, OR
- Mark A. Miller, MD, DMD – San Antonio, TX
- Joseph A. Napoli, MD, DDS -, Philadelphia, PA
- Eileen M. Raynor, MD – Durham, NC
- Lilliana Rogers – St. George, UT
- Janine M. Rosenberg, PhD – Chicago, IL
- Pedro E. Santiago, DMD – Durham, NC
- Emet M. Schneiderman, PhD – Dallas, TX
- Helene M. Taylor, MA – Salt Lake City, UT
- Robert J. Tibesar, MD – Minnapolis, MN
- Sean P. Edwards, MD, DDS, FACS, FRCDC, Ann Arbor, MI (Board Liaison)